La realidad no se responsabiliza por la pérdida de tus ilusiones.

4.9.08

Tunnel

Go ahead, then, believe if you wish that I am publishing this story out of vanity. After all, I am made of flesh and blood and hair and fingernails like any other man, and I would consider it unrealistic for anyone to expect special qualities of me- particularly of me. There are times when a person feels he is a superman, until he realizes that he, too, is low, and vile, and treacherous.
As far as I know, no human is devoid of this formidable motivation for Human Progress.

No, it is not because of vanity that I am telling this story. I might be willing to concede some degree of pride of arrogance. But why do I have this mania to explain everything that happens? When I began this account I had determined not to offer explanations of any kind.

No hay comentarios: